Among the list of admin guis available, i happened to pick this Rock mongo as it had many features compared to others. See below for details on installing this in ubuntu server…
1. Apt-get php5, php mod lib5 for apache2.
2. Apt-get php-pear (to get PECL) and php-dev.
3. sudo pecl install phpmongo.
4. Restart apache.
1. Follow the steps here. All it involves is download a zip and extract to a folder.
2. Now configure Apache to create a php app using the above the folder.
3. If required change the config.php to set the mongo server information like port, user name and password.
Rock mongo really rocks.
See here for detailed instructions.The steps can be summarized at high level as below…
1. Add the 10gen server to the software repo list.
2. Add the 10gen GPG key via apt-key to trust and verify the 10gen repo server.
Note: if for some reason you have firewall issues to retrieve the key then you can save the GPG key into a file and import using apt-key. see here